Sunday, November 1, 2009

LYNX Diaries

People often ask why I don't post more of my own work on my blog - seems like the obvious thing to do, since it is my blog - but the truth is that I started this (and BLISS) as a way of paying homage to those that inspire me, as well as the images that I admire. It was also a way of presenting things in a completely positive light, without any criticisms or negativity, since I feel there is enough of that out there.
x
Art is a very personal thing, even if it just seems like a nice picture of a beautiful man in his underwear, or an erotic image that may or may not be intended for arousal. The fact remains that both the photographer, and the model, are putting a piece of themselves out there for public consumption and in doing so, they are also opening themselves up for potential backlash.
x
I do not believe that every person is going to like every photo I post. They may take issue with the model's looks, or the photographer's style, and that is perfectly alright - we each have different tastes, and this blog represents my own, which can be varied.
x
And this is what I have attempted to do...show that a certain body type, or physical make-up, or artistic style can be vast, and that there is something to be appreciated in all of it.
x
Having said all of that - I was recently asked to show more of my own work, especially the more erotic images, since they are not available for viewing in as many places as my more traditional photos. LYNX Diaries is a side venture of rSEANd PHOTOGRAPHY, that gave me the room to try more erotic or explcit images and ideas. I am starting with a few of these images, since the theme of late has had more of an erotic bent, and I will continue to include some of my own work in future postings.
x
A big thank you to all of you who have sent such supportive messages and compliments on my work.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails